EMBnet is managed by a four member Executive Board (EB) with the support of an Operational Board (advisory committee), Project Committees and Special Interest Groups (SIGs).
EMBNET EXECUTIVE BOARD
- Chair: Erik Bongcam-Rudloff (SE)
- Secretary: Andreas Gisel (IT)
- Treasurer: Cesar Bonavides-Martinez (MX)
- Executive Member: Dimitrios Vlachakis (GR)
- to provide education and training in bioinformatics
- to assist biotechnology- and bioinformatics-related research
- bridging between commercial and academic sectors
- promoting global cooperation through its community networks
GOALS & SCOPE
- harnessing the knowledge, expertise and technologies of its members;
- responding strategically to matters of joint importance, whether technological, financial or political;
- functioning as a dissemination network for bioinformatics tools and resources;
- organising regular meetings and workshops to provide training in the use of bioinformatics tools and resources;
- acting as a focus for attracting financial support and administering its accrued funds for activities agreed by its Boards.
The EMBnet Stichting is funded by membership fees, sponsorships and grants.